Arrival by train and bus
Matsch is easily accessible by public transport. Regional trains run from Bolzano to Merano. Change in Meran, and take to the Meran-Mals Vinschgau train. From Mals station, the city bus line 278 takes you to Matsch.
- Timetables are available on holiday region of the Upper Vinschgau website:…
- Timetable search: Public Transport South Tyrol – South Tyrol Mobil…
- Italian Rail – Ferrovie dello Stato …
- Austrian Federal Railways – Österreichische Bundesbahnen …
- German Railways – Deutsche Bahn …
With the VinschgauCard, all participating accommodation companies offer free travel on the Vinschgau train and all other public transport throughout South Tyrol. When you show your VinschgauCard, you also receive discounts on cable cars, museums and leisure facilities.
Those who would like to share a car can use the Carsharing South Tyrol station at the train station in Mals.
Arrival by car
From north and south:
Brenner Pass: A22 Brenner motorway, motorway exit Bozen Sud, continue to Meran on the MeBo dual carriageway, continue on the Vinschgau state road SS40 to Tarsch, turn off to Matsch
From the north:
Reschenpass: B180 to Reschenpass, continue on the Vinschgau state road SS 40 to Tarsch, turn off to Matsch
From the west:
Ofenpass: Müstair-Taufers in Münstertal, continue on the Vinschgau state road SS41 to Tarsch, turn off to Matsch