Welcome to the Hotel Glieshof, at the foot of the Weisskugel!
Our Almhotel Glieshof is located at the end of the Matsch Valley, at an altitude of 1,824 m. Here in the midst of lush green meadows, surrounded by a garland of 25 three-thousanders of the Southern Ötztal Alps, we serve our guests regional cuisine.
The countryside in front of our hotel is pure and unspoilt, while a cosy, welcoming atmosphere radiates indoors. Sauna, a wood-panelled “Jägerstube” hunter’s lounge, seminar room, stylishly furnished double rooms – our family-run hotel is small, but exceptionally sweet.
One of the most beautiful hikes in South Tyrol, the loop route to the Saldurseen lakes with a stop-off at the AVS Oberettes mountain hut, begins right behind our hotel. South Tyrol’s highest lake plateau boasts five high mountain lakes, each of which shimmers in a different shade.
There is something to suit every taste here, from leisurely “Waal” irrigation channel trails, Alpine hikes to challenging summits.
Even in winter the Alpine hotel Glieshof is the perfect set-off point for ski tours and snowshoe hikes.
- Comfort double room with balcony
- Stylish suites
- Wellness area with Finnish sauna, Turkish steam bath, organic herbal sauna, Kneipp pool and relaxation room
- Four-course evening meal with salad and cold appetiser buffet
- Vast breakfast buffet
- Guided walks
- Seminar room
- Accordion holidays and music days
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- VinschgauCard for free use of all public transport in South Tyrol and for further discounts from May to October
And all right in front of our hotel – even your car can quite happily enjoy a break.
Every mountain experience ends on our panoramic sun terrace, and a four-course dinner and a vast breakfast buffet will give you all the energy boost you could ever need for the next day.