Schärtenspitze - West Face (IV - VII)
On the west facing rock faces and slabs of the Schärtenspitze you can find a lot of easy (grade III – VI+) multipitch-routes in perfect limestone. The reasons for their popularity are obvious: short approach from the Blaueishütte, limestone slabs with moderate difficulties, perfect protection with bolts and a warming sun from noon onwards.
From the hut, follow the path into the cirque (normal route to the Schärtenspitze). When you reach edge of the cirque, turn left and follow the moraine towards “Steinberg” until you reach the foot of obvious slabs. Around 30 minutes from the hut.
Fully bolted routes
- Die Glorreichen 7 (VI+ , 280 m, 9 pitches)
- Logig Line (V, 240 m, 8 pitches)
- Anderl’s Neubeginn (III+, 5 pitches)
Partially equipped with bolts
- Ham-Ham (VI, 250 m, 8 pitches)
- Blaueishendl (V+, 300 m, 7 pitches)
- Westgrat (V+, 350 m)
- Waterpipe (VI-, 290 m, 7 pitches)
- Durch’s Fenster zum Zwerg (V, 275 m, 7 pitches)
A free download of all the topos at the Schärtenspitze can be found on the homepage of the hut right here.